He chose me. He chose to give me the chance to come to this world and have my share of experiences and failures and lessons and dispatch from it all. He made me a certain way. Designed me the way I was meant to be. The way I could fulfill my purpose that I am unknown to. But life put me through things I was never designed for and I designed myself the way I was never meant to be.
I was never designed for self-loathe
never designed for bullying
For being selfish
I was never designed to hate because I don’t love me
For tearing down at the smallest
For feeling weak.
I was never designed for laughing at someone
Or making them feel insecure
For leaving people alone
And for never owning up to it
For pretending I don’t feel anything, I was never designed
For pretending that I feel everything, I was never designed
For hiding in my closet to ignore what’s outside, I was never designed
Never designed to be so caught up in me that I forget to see their efforts to love me.
Long time, no see? Ahh, I know…I almost forgot to log into my account but nevermind here is a post that I have been working on for like a week and still haven’t posted it cuz I’m lazyyyyyyyyyy
So yea, I have been working a little on myself and I don’t know if I am doing enough but yeah these days when I go to bed I feel content so I guess I’m on the right track.
Well, here are 18 tips that I follow for self-confidence. I want to mention that I am not stereotypically beautiful or reach any beauty standard. These are just ways I’ve figured out to beautify my inner self.
1) Walk with your head high (I cannot stress this enough). It literally changes the game for you when you have your chin up.
2) Babe, that smile of yours…wear it ALL THE DAMN TIME… It’s better than any highlighter.
3) Walk with your back straight and try improving your posture.
4) Wear clothes that you are comfortable in. It could be anything!
5) you don’t have to look hot in order to feel hot! Being hot is a feeling!!! It’s a vibe !!!
6) Try dancing! Try moving in front of the mirror to see how you move. It’ll take time. You’ll look stupid believe me. But you’ll get better with time.
7) Encourage yourself when you want to give up on something you recently started and want to stop because you’re being impatient and it isn’t showing any results. The thought that personally helps me is ” What if I walked all this way only to turn back and go to the starting point to realize that my end goal was nearer than it seemed before I turned my back on it”. Regret pinches more than failure.
8) Take up space while you’re sitting or standing or doing anything. It depicts your territory and dare not anyone trespass it.
9) Take care of your skin. It could be just putting on moisturizer but it’s a part of taking care of yourself that’s called self-love.
10) Take care of your hair it’s so important it can make or break a look even if you are in sweatpants or sweatshirts it can still make you feel pretty when your hair is clean and brushed. [FOR GIRLS] Do braids if you’re running out of time and if you have curly hair. To all besties with kinky hair try keeping it short and nourished. It really helps!!
11) take care of your hairline, DO NOT DO high ponytails all the time.” yuh yuh” I know, it looks pretty on celebrities (Ariana ✋🏻) but they have access to all kinds of beauty products that some or maybe a lot of people don’t. It’s difficult growing back the lost hairline.
12) Delete social media to de-stress. The people you compare yourself to don’t even look like themselves in person. If you are insecure because you actually see a pretty person in real life, compliment them then come back and say to yourself “Someone else’s beauty doesn’t diminish mine”. It works!!!! If it doesn’t work then maybe leave? You’ll get better at appreciating the beauty in others without putting yourself down. GIVE IT TIME.
13) You don’t have to be pretty to actually BE pretty. Smile often, and get help if you’re struggling mentally ( if you can’t afford it try talking to your friends or family, don’t have that either?. Write down your thoughts and analyse them. Try to be self-aware. Try to analyse your problems from a different POV and then give yourself a solution. Not helping? Try talking to the universe/ God. I know it sounds stupid. But they listen. There’s a higher being and it listens. Have faith 🙂
14) Give yourself a pat during tough times. Your body is going through so much to keep you alive it needs reassurance that you’re doing your part too! Please look at yourself and thank, yes THANK your body for being this amazing! It’s trying to help you please feed it positivity and nurture it with healthy food.
15) While exercising try to think about GROWING STRONG rather than the outward aesthetic. Think about all the amazing things you can do with your body when it’s strong! Ice skating? Ballroom dancing? Gymnastics? Everything? Hell yes!!!!! Yes, sure a perfect body would be nice but it would be so much better to have stronger legs and a stronger back!!! Think about it this way!!!
16) Do not do or buy things just because they’re trending. Trends go in and out of style. But we never go out of style! *You see what I did there fellow swifties U_U*. Create your own identity with utmost care and love.
17) Make yourself intelligent. No, I won’t ask you to search up the cosmos but Read!! Work!! Get a hobby!! Do everything and anything you can! You never know which skill set will help you move further in life.
18) And yes, the most important one. BE KIND. BE KIND TO YOURSELF. TO PEOPLE. TO ANIMALS. TO NATURE. HELP YOURSELF. HELP ANIMALS. HELP PEOPLE. IT’S IMPORTANT. The kindness you spread reflects on your face and makes your soul shine through. Everything will work only if you believe that you deserve it. If you believe you deserve it then you will have to put a little effort into it. When you put the effort into yourself you’ll get the best results.
So these were some tips that have personally benefitted me through my journey of working on self-confidence. Yes, I do fail to meet all of these parameters at times, but yes, I’m trying so I guess… I’ll be there soon!
Soooo yeaaaa I TURNED 15!!! (Ik it’s too late…It’s April now and I turned 15 on the 13th of March but let’s ignore that fact and continue)
Overall, my birthday was nice…I jammed to Taylor’s FIFTEEN all day on and not a very happening birthday but yea, it was nice.
Now, coming to the topic!!
After my ‘From The Diary Of A Pensive Poet’ series, I came up with this super amazing idea. I am a huggggeeeeee music fan and Lofi mixes are a great tonic for me…I have had a splendid experience with Lofi (Slowed+Reverb) Mixes and here are some of my hindi favourites for you just in case, you too, are a Lofi fan like me!!
I would have just shared a playlist with you but unfortunately, not all of these Lofi Flips are available on Spotify so, here it is in the form of timestamps…Do share your preferences with me and let me know for a Part-2!!
I was lying alone on my couch on the 26th of December ‘thinking’ about how another year had just flown away and I was STILL lying on my couch and ThInkInG~
Let me give you the context. So, every year on the 31st of December I read my annual diary just to check how far I’ve come, as a person. It’s pretty fun and it has become sort of, a ritual for me now.
I obviously couldn’t follow this practice this year cuz I was sick but even if I weren’t sick, I didn’t want to read my pages dated 2021. I know how depressing they are since I had been visiting them over and over again throughout the year.
I just didn’t want to travel back to all those bad memories and make my New Year’s Day another day where I cry and curse myself for having the worst life ever and then falsely convince myself that everything will be okay.
Getting back, on the 26th of December, I was thinking about how I’ll have to AGAIN read my diary in 5 days and try hard to not cringe over my dumbness or cry over my innocence.
Another year of daydreams, unrealistic hopes, failure, a few achievements that hold absolutely NO importance now and yea, LOTS of regrets.
2021 was definitely not my year but it taught me a bunch of things that I surely will learn from and try to apply in 2022 and forth.
I came up with this list of learnings on the 26th of December, 2021 *as dated in my journal*. There were around 30-35 such “points of wisdom” but I think some of them got too personal so I am sharing 15 of them with y’all. I don’t really mind sharing them but they all have a backstory and I am sure you guys don’t have time to read 35 backstories.😂
Anyways, here are some of those Musings…
Sometimes you have to accept that some things will never go back to how they used to be.
Sometimes all you need is for someone just to be there even if they can’t solve your problems.Just knowing there is someone who cares can make all the difference.
“Doing your best” does not mean working yourself to the point of a mental breakdown.
Trust yourself.You’ve survived a lot and you’ll survive what’s coming.
Be an encourager.The world has plenty of critics already.
It’s Okay if you thought you were over it but it hits you all over again.It’s okay to fall apart even after you thought you had it under control.You are not weak.Healing is messy.There is no timeline for healing.
Sensitive people should be treasured.They love deeply and think deeply about life.They are loyal, honest and true.The simple things sometimes mean the most to them.They don’t need to change or harden.Their purity makes them who they are.
WE ALL HAVE A PAST. We’ve all made choices that maybe weren’t the best ones.None of us are completely innocent, but we get a fresh start everyday to be a better person than we were yesterday.
You are strong for getting out of bed in the morning when it feels like hell.You are brave for doing things even though they scare you or make you anxious.And you are amazing for trying and holding on no matter how hard life gets.
Love the people who stick with you even in your worst phases.These are the people who want to see you soar high.
Learn the art of saying “NO“. Don’t lie.Don’t make excuses.Don’t over explain yourself.Just simply decline.
Being social helps but if you want to be caged in your room on some occassions don’t feel like you’re changing, it’s just you maturing.
It’s ok to convince someone you love even if you are not the reason behind them being upset BUT if convincing them tests your dignity and respect.JUST LEAVE.
Don’t ever love or trust someone more than yourself otherwise you’ll always see yourself crying for others.
Most importantly, give love, but keep some for yourself.Respect all, but yourself first.
These are the main learnings that I thought are worth sharing.I hope you too could relate with some. They say, 2020 took a toll on everyone’s mental health. I think 2020 was an AMAZING year. *Please don’t kill me after this*
I still haven’t figured out what went so wrong with 2021 that I am forced to tag it as the worst year ever. *STAWP RANTING*
Well, the year is just a number. We get a chance every day. So, I wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Welcome to 2022. Another year of learnings, lessons, rants, self-discovery and so much more! Let all the experiences of your past year be your best guide in the New Year.
Hey, y’all Discoverers!! Merry Christmas!! Sending you warm wishes in this cold weather of Christmas! 🎅❄
So, I like trying out new things and wanted to do something that soothes me from within. Poems have been my latest obsession…I have been reading some fancy poems and I figured out that I too should write a not-so-fancy yet relatable poem.
I had been pretty confused about my mental health lately. I felt confused and guilty and it was all clogging my mind and so I let it out through this poem…
*I am a beginner so input and feedback would be highly appreciated!!*
This is how it goes…
I don't know why,I have
Cause a box of lies
Is all I am
Thoughts surround me
In my mind which once glittered
But now is a mess
I don't have a cause
A reason or aim
Overthinking and my flaws
Just tint me with shame
I feel pathetic
In my own skin
Everytime I lose
Is when they win
Too many questions
Hows and whys
And now all I am
Is a box of lies
I lie to them
I lie to Him
I lie to myself too
A liar is all that within me, grew
I masked myself all this time
Now all I do is repent
But in my story I was the charmer
And I was the serpent
I was misled
I still am
Don't know what I am
Still don't know why, I have
And a box of lies
Is all I am
Hope you all liked this one! Thanks a bunch to Aanya for her feedback, suggestions and motivating words. ♥ Comment below and lemme know what you feel about this one…Let’s chat in the comments!!
As stated in the Bhagavad Gita-“We’re kept from our goal not by obstacles, but by a clear path to a lesser goal” we must know that settling for less just stunts our growth and stops us from achieving something big that we’re capable of.
Setting small goals is important however forgetting your ultimate goal and settling for something that isn’t even near to what you are capable of is just a misuse of your own skills and capabilities.
If you are planning to buy a house, you can’t just keep it on hold by dreaming about buying a motorcycle.
Brian Tracy once said,”Dream Big! There are no limitations to how good you can become or how high you can rise except the limits you put on yourself”.
There is nothing more important than for you to cast off your own limitations and begin dreaming about the wonderful things that you can become and have and do.
When you dream big dreams your confidence and self-esteem gets a boost instantly.You feel better about yourself and you think of yourself more postively.You feel capable and a feeling of self-worth establishes in you.
With big dreams comes the thought of reaching there someday but for that you must atleast start dreaming big and not limit yourself to something so miniscule that hampers your growth in life.
So dream big and achieve big!
Heyyy Self-Discoverers!! I know 3 months is a long time for absolutely no posts and updates but I’ll keep posting often now and I hope you like them!
Tell me if you take some inspiration from any of these posts.There are just random thoughts assisted by facts and sayings but I hope they make a difference…The comment section is open for your rants!!
Life goes on and so should we.It might seem hard to keep moving on in situations where you see everything around you blocking your way and sabotaging you from achieving your goals.
They say, the simplest teachings of life are taught to us by nature’s smallest creatures.So I went on to learn something from nature and came across this ant.Just this little ant is all it took me to understand how important it is to keep moving in life.
I was just sitting in the balcony enjoying the rain on a Sunday afternoon when I saw this tiny ant hurrying past me.I could see the dedication in that little creature to just keep moving.The raindrops kept pouring and enveloping its little body, but it didn’t care and kept moving.
Now this creature got me intrigued.I being in a playful mood, wanted to know this ant better. So, I took a handful of sand from a flower pot nearby and made a small heap out of it and placed it in the ant’s path.It did not mind this heap and just crossed it and the next moment it was on the other side of the heap. I smiled as I saw this little creature showing off its skills as it simply ignored my move to stop it from reaching its destination.
I was still testing this ant and so, I made a valley like structure in the ant’s way which was like a deep trench.This time the ant waited for a minute and slided down the trench,made its way out and continued the journey.I appreciated its dedication and this time placed a large pebble in its way being curious about the ant’s next move.
The ant tried to climb the pebble many a times but realised that it was practically impossible for it to do so.I was still observing this creature trying to find its way out.After around three minutes of continuous efforts I thought the ant would give up but it didn’t.It saw the pebble,struggled with it a bit,found a way around and kept moving.
I was honestly impressed as I saw this little creature not giving up even though it faced several hurdles in its way.That dedication is what we need, to keep moving.This little creature taught me one of the simplest laws of life.TO MOVE ON.This incident provoked me to write and share this observation with you all.It taught me how it’s so important to know that quitting just makes you weak and makes you accustomed to accepting defeat and thus, you need to keep moving no matter what comes your way.You might not get through with the obstacle in one go but if you have a strong will to keep moving there is nothing holding you back…
So the past few days… in fact, weeks have been more of a rollercoaster ride for me ’cause I have been switching between emotions and I don’t really know how I am feeling right now.
There is a lot of pressure…exam pressure, societal pressure and a few more INDIAN things. [these Indian things can be good and bad 🙂 ]
So, every time someone asks me how I am…I just say…I’m fine. I am not sure though. I am sure I am fine…but am I “JUST FINE”??
So people my age face it right?? so maybe it’s not a really big deal but maybe it is. Maybe it’s a GREAT DEAL.
I’m being very candid when I say this…many a times I do not feel very good…sometimes I just NEED a change from that everyday schedule where I squint my eyes in front of the blue screen for 9-10 hours in a row…
Sometimes…it’s just important to TAKE A BREAK.
But all those responsibilities and expectations…it makes it harder…Things became better for me when you all surprised me with 1k views and 50 followers though!!
I have been trying my best to draw out all the negativity and feel better and study harder…get better grades.Be nice and be happy.Be PERFECT.
But it’s not easy to be everyone’s “FAVOURITE GIRL”. Sometimes I just want to be myself sit in a corner and talk to myself.I wish I could escape all of this and just relax.I wish…
Hey Discoverers!! So this is an extract from my journal dated 12th June, 2021. So my exams were approaching. Everything was completely messed up and weird. I felt confused all the time. I just wanted to talk and talk and talk!! But couldn’t go out so I just talked to myself cuz that’s how I could enjoy solitude.
Things have become better now though cuz I am done with my exams(hopefully they were better than I had expected and marks don’t really matter though I am sure they would be really good).
Also I met my cousins yesterday. We had a family reunion so I got to meet many of my friends and cousins after months and it was a good way to stay away from all the stress and fear of exams and just RELAX and ENJOY!!
I really wanted to share this extract with you all cuz I wanted you to know how things change if we give them some TIME and now that I look back to “THE ME” exactly one month back, I realise that things aren’t as bad as we think they are. They just become better with time. We just need to be PATIENT and let TIME heal.
Hey Discoverers!!!!It’s been long since we interacted. Due to the exams I could not find time to work on my blog posts but now that they are over I am back! Also….Congratulations to me for successfully completing a whole one year( on13 March) as a teenager .It was a roller coaster of emotions and thoughts since due to the Global Pandemic my first year as a teenager was an isolated one where I realised the value of socialising,being grateful and finding good in everything.
This past year I learned a lot of new things ranging from trying my hand at blogging to being a part of the school compering crew. A lot of things came my way this year and all I can say is that I am grateful for everything that happened. I am grateful for being privileged enough to have food and shelter to fulfill my needs during the pandemic. I was privileged enough to afford the medications. I was privileged enough to have my family with me to support me during these hard times and my teachers who did not let the pandemic hinder my education. My friends who motivated me to not stop due to these hard times and last but not the least I was privileged enough to be in good health to be able to help those in need.
This year might have been a very lonely and negative one but honestly…none of us even knew the meaning of being in quarantine, isolation and social distancing. So, it did add words to our dictionary😅…But what is the most important lesson that I learnt this year is that nations and people might have fights over petty things but during the hard times the whole world stands together as a family and just as it is stated in the ancient Indian texts “Vasudeva kutumbkam”.We all are a FAMILY😊
Hey Discoverers…So as the title says”I am a Swiftie” let me make a correction “I am a BIG Swiftie”.And when I say so for all young adults out there, I have certain Songs by Taylor that would make your day!
2.Never Grow Up
3.Teardrops On My Guitar
4.Everything Has Changed
5.You Belong With Me
7.Back To December
10.The Best Day
While I would say that this most passionate,young,beautiful,creative and hardworking woman has a lot of amazing songs in her pocket,all her songs are worth listening to as they are inspired by real-life incidents.Well,you too can tell me about your favourite Taylor Swift song in the comments.Also,if you liked this blog then do hit a like and follow me.This @Swiftie would eagerly wait for your love!💙💙