Long time, no see? Ahh, I know…I almost forgot to log into my account but nevermind here is a post that I have been working on for like a week and still haven’t posted it cuz I’m lazyyyyyyyyyy
So yea, I have been working a little on myself and I don’t know if I am doing enough but yeah these days when I go to bed I feel content so I guess I’m on the right track.
Well, here are 18 tips that I follow for self-confidence. I want to mention that I am not stereotypically beautiful or reach any beauty standard. These are just ways I’ve figured out to beautify my inner self.
1) Walk with your head high (I cannot stress this enough). It literally changes the game for you when you have your chin up.
2) Babe, that smile of yours…wear it ALL THE DAMN TIME… It’s better than any highlighter.
3) Walk with your back straight and try improving your posture.
4) Wear clothes that you are comfortable in. It could be anything!
5) you don’t have to look hot in order to feel hot! Being hot is a feeling!!! It’s a vibe !!!
6) Try dancing! Try moving in front of the mirror to see how you move. It’ll take time. You’ll look stupid believe me. But you’ll get better with time.
7) Encourage yourself when you want to give up on something you recently started and want to stop because you’re being impatient and it isn’t showing any results. The thought that personally helps me is ” What if I walked all this way only to turn back and go to the starting point to realize that my end goal was nearer than it seemed before I turned my back on it”. Regret pinches more than failure.
8) Take up space while you’re sitting or standing or doing anything. It depicts your territory and dare not anyone trespass it.
9) Take care of your skin. It could be just putting on moisturizer but it’s a part of taking care of yourself that’s called self-love.
10) Take care of your hair it’s so important it can make or break a look even if you are in sweatpants or sweatshirts it can still make you feel pretty when your hair is clean and brushed. [FOR GIRLS] Do braids if you’re running out of time and if you have curly hair. To all besties with kinky hair try keeping it short and nourished. It really helps!!
11) take care of your hairline, DO NOT DO high ponytails all the time.” yuh yuh” I know, it looks pretty on celebrities (Ariana ✋🏻) but they have access to all kinds of beauty products that some or maybe a lot of people don’t. It’s difficult growing back the lost hairline.
12) Delete social media to de-stress. The people you compare yourself to don’t even look like themselves in person. If you are insecure because you actually see a pretty person in real life, compliment them then come back and say to yourself “Someone else’s beauty doesn’t diminish mine”. It works!!!! If it doesn’t work then maybe leave? You’ll get better at appreciating the beauty in others without putting yourself down. GIVE IT TIME.
13) You don’t have to be pretty to actually BE pretty. Smile often, and get help if you’re struggling mentally ( if you can’t afford it try talking to your friends or family, don’t have that either?. Write down your thoughts and analyse them. Try to be self-aware. Try to analyse your problems from a different POV and then give yourself a solution. Not helping? Try talking to the universe/ God. I know it sounds stupid. But they listen. There’s a higher being and it listens. Have faith 🙂
14) Give yourself a pat during tough times. Your body is going through so much to keep you alive it needs reassurance that you’re doing your part too! Please look at yourself and thank, yes THANK your body for being this amazing! It’s trying to help you please feed it positivity and nurture it with healthy food.
15) While exercising try to think about GROWING STRONG rather than the outward aesthetic. Think about all the amazing things you can do with your body when it’s strong! Ice skating? Ballroom dancing? Gymnastics? Everything? Hell yes!!!!! Yes, sure a perfect body would be nice but it would be so much better to have stronger legs and a stronger back!!! Think about it this way!!!
16) Do not do or buy things just because they’re trending. Trends go in and out of style. But we never go out of style! *You see what I did there fellow swifties U_U*. Create your own identity with utmost care and love.
17) Make yourself intelligent. No, I won’t ask you to search up the cosmos but Read!! Work!! Get a hobby!! Do everything and anything you can! You never know which skill set will help you move further in life.
18) And yes, the most important one. BE KIND. BE KIND TO YOURSELF. TO PEOPLE. TO ANIMALS. TO NATURE. HELP YOURSELF. HELP ANIMALS. HELP PEOPLE. IT’S IMPORTANT. The kindness you spread reflects on your face and makes your soul shine through. Everything will work only if you believe that you deserve it. If you believe you deserve it then you will have to put a little effort into it. When you put the effort into yourself you’ll get the best results.
So these were some tips that have personally benefitted me through my journey of working on self-confidence. Yes, I do fail to meet all of these parameters at times, but yes, I’m trying so I guess… I’ll be there soon!
Till then, take care, sweeties :))